Connectionists: Annotated History of Modern AI and Deep Learning

Imad Khan theimad at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 03:29:46 EST 2023

Dear Richard,
I find your comment a bit unwarranted. You could, however, follow Gary
Marcus' way to put forward critical thoughts. I do not necessarily agree
with Gary, but I agree with his style. I am reproducing Gary's text below
for your convenience. Juergan is an elder of AI and deserves respect (like
all of us do). I did go to your website and you're correct to say that AI
systems are complex systems and an integrated approach is needed to save
another 20 years!

Gary's excerpt:
[image: image.png]

Regards,