[Olympus developers 291]: RavenClaw - information about the Back-End component

Ciro Martins ciro.martins at ua.pt
Mon May 16 10:37:32 EDT 2011

Hello,

My name is Ciro Martins and I am a teacher and researcher ate Aveiro
University (Portugal).
At this time, I am studying the Olympus framework to develop a simple
dialog system for a Robot that we have here in our research center.
I almost understood all the necessary components and how they operate
and I have some of the available examples running.
But related to the back-end component, and since it is domain-dependent,
I need to develop it so we can accept input's directly from the robot
(besides the ones that come from the spoken language). I have tried to
figure out how can I do it but I have been having some doubts.
Do you have any documentation or, preferably, any example where I can
find how to do it?
I know from what I read in the RavenClaw site that LARRI and TeamTalk
are 2 dialog systems that have implemented this kind of interaction
(accepting inputs from non-human sources, like non-synchronous events
generated by the robot as I would like to implement).

Thanks in advance for your help and availability.

Best regards,

Ciro Martins