Connectionists: "Deletion of Data" Misconducts in Deep Learning

Juyang Weng juyang.weng at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 12:33:04 EDT 2022

Let us continue our academic discussion.
Who should be responsible for the current dismal situation of "deep
learning" in particular and the brain modeling landscape in general?
Are the following scientific establishments responsible?
(1) NSF: Has NSF *rejected *new sciences, awarded "deleting data" and
protected "deleting data"?
(2) National Academy of Sciences (NAS) which is responsible for PNAS.  Has
PNAS *"desk ejected"* new sciences and spread "deleting data"?
(3) National Academy of Engineering (NAE): Has NAE admitted a new member
who mismanaged ImageNet contests and promoted wide scale research
misconducts in machine learning?
(4) American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) which is
responsible for *Science* Magazine.  Has *Science* Magazine *"desk
rejected"* new sciences, spread "deleting data" and protected "deleting
data"?
(5) Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), which is responsible for the
Turing Award 2018 and CACM journal.   Has ACM awarded "deleting data",
spread "deleting data" and protected "deleting data"?;
(6) Springer Nature which is responsible for *Nature* Magazine.  Has
*Nature* Magazine *"desk rejected"* new sciences, spread "deleting data"
and protected "deleting data"?
(7) Neural Networks Journal.  Has *Neural Networks "desk rejected"* new
sciences and spread "deleting data"?
(8) Arxiv:  Has Arxiv *"desk rejected"* new sciences?

With the current situation, many of our scientists become timid in order to
make their works acceptable by the establishment.   Much taxpayers' money
has been wasted in such timid research.

Also our brain modelers' responsibility:  Who is "primarily" responsible
for the current Russian-Ukraine war?  Joe Biden or Vladimir Putin?

For more detail, please read the preface of an upcoming book: Conscious
Learning: Humans and Machines.
Preface
<http://www.cse.msu.edu/~weng/research/Conscious-Learning-EN-preface.pdf>,
Chinese