Connectionists: Multiple positions available in AutoML, learning to learn, automated algorithm design, etc.

Frank Hutter fh at cs.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Aug 6 08:07:00 EDT 2018

We have several postdoc, PhD, and research engineer positions available in
AutoML, learning to learn, automated algorithm design, and related topics
in the machine learning research group at the University of Freiburg,
Germany: http://automl.org/jobs

In our group, we focus on efficient AutoML methods; e.g., we won both
international AutoML challenges held so far. Funded by an ERC grant, we are
currently focusing on automated deep learning. We are hiring outstanding
candidates in the following areas:

- AutoML
- Neural architecture search
- Learning to learn
- Meta learning and transfer learning
- Bayesian optimization and hyperparameter optimization
- Deep reinforcement learning
- Optimization of neural networks
- Evolutionary algorithms
- Algorithm configuration and selection
- Discrete optimization and NP-hard problem solving
- Data-driven analysis of algorithms, hyperparameter importance, problem
hardness, etc.
- Principled empirical analysis

Please see the full job posting at http://automl.org/jobs for details.

Thanks,