Connectionists: Postdoctoral position available: Cognition and Emotion in Parkinson's Disease (at Rutgers-Newark, New Jersey)

Mark A. Gluck gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu
Mon Sep 17 22:09:23 EDT 2012

Postdoctoral position available:
Cognition and Emotion in Parkinson's Disease

We seek a postdoctoral fellow to work in our lab on studies of
learning, memory, and decision making in Parkinson's Disease
patients, studying how these cognitive capabilities interact with
emotional and other psychiatric aspects of the disorder (e.g.,
depression and impulse control disorders). We are especially
interested in how these cognitive and emotional variables are
affected by dopaminergic medications. The position would be at
Rutgers University-Newark (just outside New York City, NY) and
involve overseeing our many collaborative projects in Parkinson's
disease, both locally at NYU Medical Center and the North Shore-LIJ
Feinstein Institute's Udall Center of Excellence in Parkinson's
Disease as well as our international collaborations with Parkinson's
clinics in China, Turkey, Italy, Israel, and the Palestinian West
Bank.

PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES: (1) A strong command of the relevant cognitive
neuroscience and neuropsychology literature on Parkinson's disease,
basal ganglia function, and dopamine, and (2) prior experience
designing and conducting behavioral studies with patient populations,
(3) strong statistical data analysis skills, (4) excellent speaking
and professional writing skills in English.  Although not essential,
it would be useful if the candidate has some familiarity with
functional brain imaging to assist in ongoing imaging studies of
striatal function in both healthy individuals and those with
Parkinson's disease.

For more information on our laboratory, see http://www.gluck.edu. A
collection of our recent papers on Parkinson's disease can be found
at: http://www.gluck.edu/parkinsons.html

START DATE: Prefer early 2013 but summer/fall 2013 is also possible.

Interested candidates should contact me by email at
gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu with a cover letter describing their
background, career goals, and how they fit the four attributes listed
above, along with a CV and a PDF of a representative published paper.

Regards, Mark Gluck

PS. NOTE: IF GOING TO SFN IN NEW ORLEANS,  PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP TO
SET UP PRELIMINARY INTERVIEW THERE.
Dr. Mark A. Gluck,  Professor
   Director, Rutgers Memory Disorders Project
Center for Molecular  and Behavioral Neuroscience
Rutgers University
197 University Ave.
Newark, New Jersey  07102
  	 Web:  http://www.gluck.edu