NIPS & double blind reviewing

Neil Lawrence neil at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Tue Dec 17 05:46:37 EST 2002

Thanks to the NIPS program committee and the organising committee for
another successful meeting.

While the conference is on all our minds it seems an appropriate time to
open a debate on whether the reviewing process should be double blind.
One of the major vision conferences (ICCV) takes this approach, and now
that NIPS submissions are handled electronically one would expect it
would be easy to implement for NIPS.

Whilst this could be brought up directly with the program committee I
think the debate is of wider interest, and I've therefore posted to this
list.

If there is a strong counter argument to the implementation of these
procedures I would like to hear it.

Neil Lawrence