[ACT-R-users] Information Overload in Command and Control

Dan Bothell db30 at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jun 17 12:44:07 EDT 2004

--On Thursday, June 17, 2004 7:41 AM -0400 James Peters
<jpeters at rhsmith.umd.edu> wrote:

> I have a vague memory of information passing the way of this list about
> research into how to help field commanders sort through the ton of
> information that the military currently can generate about any combat
> situation.  If any of you know of research relevant to this broad topic,
> particularly involving ACT-R models, I would appreciate pointers to the
> references.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jim

I'm not sure if this is what you're remembering or not, but at the last
workshop there was a talk titled "Cognitive Architecture for Situation
Awareness (CASA)" on work by Octavio Juarez and Cleotilde
Gonzalez that seems related to what you want.  You can get the
slides from the ACT-R site at:

<http://act-r.psy.cmu.edu/workshops/workshop-2003/schedule.html>

Hope that helps,
Dan