architecture comparisons

Troy Kelley tkelley at arl.army.mil
Mon May 7 10:12:09 EDT 2001

Kevin,

Don't forget the highly referenced Pew and Mavor book Modeling Human and
Organizational Behavior.  The table starting on page 98 offers a nice
comparison of architectures.

Troy

Kevin.Gluck at williams.af.mil on 05/04/2001 08:50:54 PM

To:   act-r-users at andrew.cmu.edu
cc:
Subject:  architecture comparisons

Folks,

I am seeking published (or in press) papers that compare computational
cognitive modeling architectures.  An example of this is the comparison of
production system architectures in chapter 12 of The Atomic Components of
Thought.  Another example is Todd Johnson's 1997 paper on Control in ACT-R
and Soar, and also Newell, Rosenbloom, and Laird's (1989) comparison of
Soar
and ACT*.

Also of interest are papers that compare the features and/or predictions of
two or more models created in different modeling architectures.

I am not restricting my search to papers that involve ACT-R.  If you know
of
any papers that fit either of the descriptions above (and that are not the
three already mentioned), I would very much appreciate your replying with a
reference, softcopy, or point of contact.

Many thanks,

Kevin

Kevin A. Gluck, PhD
Air Force Research Laboratory
Warfighter Training Research Division
6030 S. Kent St.
Mesa, AZ  85212-6061
Tel: 480-988-6561 ext. 234 / DSN 474-6234
Fax: 480-988-6285