[Soups-announce] Call for Papers: Security and Privacy for the Metaverse - IEEE Security and Privacy Magazine Special Issue (Deadline June 16)

Franziska Roesner franzi at cs.washington.edu
Tue Apr 4 14:24:46 EDT 2023

Hi all,

We're excited to announce that IEEE Security and Privacy Magazine will have
a special issue exploring security and privacy in and for the “metaverse”,
broadly construed to include the full spectrum of augmented (AR), mixed
(MR), eXtended (XR), and virtual (VR) reality technologies. Though
exciting, these technologies come with security, privacy, and safety risks
for users and bystanders. We seek submissions on all topics related to the
metaverse and security & privacy, including submissions that consider
usable security and privacy.

We encourage everyone with security/privacy/safety work related to the
metaverse/AR/MR/XR/VR to submit!

CFP at:
https://www.computer.org/digital-library/magazines/sp/security-privacy-metaverse

*Submission Deadline:* June 16, 2023
*Publication:* January/February 2024

We look forward to your submissions!

Questions? Contact us at: sp1-24 at computer.org

Yoshi Kohno & Franzi Roesner (guest editors)
University of Washington