Connectionists: how the brain works?

Brian J Mingus brian.mingus at colorado.edu
Wed Mar 19 16:55:01 EDT 2014

Hi Danko,

I think I grok what you are saying and this sounds like a useful
contribution to me. That said, I don't think most folks are interested in
understanding the entire organism, and indeed, such an endeavor would seem
to require an almost complete description of reality. Personally, I just
want to create a happy being that can think faster than me and answer my
philosophical questions and lend a hand with solving physics problems. How
will practopoiesis help me do this, beyond me using basic heuristics from
psychology, such as just taking a quick look at lesion studies and
psychopathologies, which can help inform which parts of the brain, and
which details I need to include?

For example, I already have a quite functional system that seems to
accomplish the same thing as practopoiesis. I call the "genotype" the first
principle component, and the "phenotype" all the rest of the components.

Cheers,

Brian

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Danko Nikolic <danko.nikolic at googlemail.com