Connectionists: Gatsby faculty recruitment

Peter Dayan dayan at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Nov 4 04:25:57 EST 2005

The Gatsby Computational Neuroscience Unit at UCL is looking to
recruit one or more faculty at senior and/or junior levels in machine
learning, statistics or control theory. We are especially interested
in candidates whose work in these fields integrates well with the
Unit's focus on inference and learning in the brain, and with the
wider research environment at UCL.  The Computer Science Department at
UCL is in conjunction recruiting for a senior faculty position to act
as a Director for a proposed UCL Centre for Computational Statistics
and Machine Learning, reflecting the substantial cross-campus links in
this area.

The Gatsby Unit was set up at UCL in 1998 as a research institute
devoted to computational neuroscience and machine learning. We have
core funding for five faculty, eight postdocs and around twelve PhD
students. PIs can raise additional funds through grants. We have no
undergraduate programme, so only teaching and supervision of
graduate-level Gatsby students is required. We have close ties with
the Departments of Anatomy, Computer Science, Psychology, Physiology
and Statistics at UCL and with groups in Engineering and Physics
(David MacKay) at Cambridge and beyond. We are located in a leafy
haven in Queen Square, London.

Applications, consisting of a CV, a statement of research interests
and accomplishments and full contact details for three academic
referees should be sent to Alexandra Boss by email:
alexandra 'at' gatsby.ucl.ac.uk, or post: Gatsby Unit, UCL, Alexandra
House, 17 Queen Square, London WC1N 3AR, UK. Applicants are asked to
provide standardised monitoring information by
completing and returning the forms available at:
www.gatsby.ucl.ac.uk/vacancies/Applications_by_CV.pdf

Applications must arrive no later than 5th January 2006. Unless
otherwise requested applicants will also be considered by the Computer
Science Department. Appointment at a senior level is subject to the
normal senior appointments process at UCL.

For further information, please see www.gatsby.ucl.ac.uk; for informal
enquiries, please contact Peter Dayan at dayan 'at' gatsby.ucl.ac.uk
Information about the Department of Computer Science and their
recruitment is at http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk and
http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/vacancies