Listing of references on connectivity

Jaap Murre jaap.murre at mrc-apu.cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 22 12:21:36 EDT 1992

In the past week, I have received the following references on connectivity
and volume in the brain (and in parallel hardware):

Braitenberg, V, Schuz A. (1990). Anatomy of the cortex: statistics and
      geometry. Berlin: Springer-Verlag.
Cherniak, C. (1990). The bounded brain: toward quantitative neuroanatomy.
      Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, 2, 58-68.
Hofman, M.A. (1985). Neuronal correlates of corticalization in mammals: a
      Theory. Journal of Theoretical Biology, 112, 77-95.
Mitchison, M.P. (1992). Axonal trees and cortical architecture. Trends in
      Neurosciences, 15, 122-126.
Schuz, A., & G. Palm (1989). Density of neurons and synapses in the
      cerebral cortex of the mouse. Journal of Comparative Neurology, 286,
      442-455.
Vitanyi, P.M.B. (1988). Locality, communication and interconnect length in
      multicomputers. SICOM, 17, 659-672.
Waltz, D.L. (1988). The prospects for building truly intelligent machines.
      Daedalus (Proc. American Academy of Arts and Sciences), 117,
      191-212.
Young, M.P. (1992). Objective analysis of the topological organization of the
      primate cortical visual system. Nature, 358, 152-155.

I want to thank everyone for reacting to my request.

      Jaap Murre