Single Neuron Simulators

Jean-Marc Fellous fellous%pipiens.usc.edu at usc.edu
Fri Aug 23 21:00:43 EDT 1991

Dear Members of the Connectionist mailing list,

I would like to go trough the existing (and operational) Single Neuron simulators that allow fine grain analysis (electrical & chemical) of neurons and interconnected neurons (small number of them). I would appreciate any references, email/mail addresses, criticisms on this matter.

My ultimate goal is to determine the required level of sophistication  a connectionist modeler needs to take into account in order to simulate individual neurons and networks of neurons (depending of course of his/her goal).

I know already about:
NSL (USC), GENESIS (Caltech), NEMOSYS (LLNL), CAJAL91 (USC)

I will summarize the answers to the list.

Thank you in advance,

Yours,

Jean-Marc Fellous
Center for Neural Engineering