[ACT-R-users] Has 'Conceptual Knowledge' been modeled? (UNCLASSIFIED)

Kelley, Troy D CIV (US) troy.d.kelley6.civ at mail.mil
Tue Sep 2 15:45:09 EDT 2014

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

We have integrated ConceptNet with our robotics architecture SS-RICS - which
is a production system architecture based on ACT-R.

ConceptNet is a conceptual ontology that provides a variety of information
such as similarity judgments.

However, we found that it was not sufficient for a robot because it contained
very little robot specific information, or information that a robot needs to
know about (like waypoints, path planning and landmarks).

There are a few older papers here: www.ss-rics.org

Hope that helps a little
Troy Kelley
RDRL-HRS-E
Cognitive Robotics Team Leader
Human Research and Engineering Directorate
U.S. Army Research Laboratory
Aberdeen, MD
21005
Voice :410-278-5869