[ACT-R-users] Ref for empirical tests of cognitive models by predicting task difficulty

Bonnie E John bejohn at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 28 12:04:33 EDT 2014

Oh, I forgot to mention, Leonghwee's work is with CogTool-Explorer, which
predicts the errors of novice users, so it addresses Ken's desire for error
rates.
Of course, all the "normal" CogTool work predicts differences in task
execution time across tasks and UIs, as does all the Keystroke-Level Model
and GOMS work before and since CogTool. So if you want details of KLM
predictions, I'd start a The Psychology of Human-Computer Interaction by
Card, Moran and Newell and work forwards. That book has dozens of examples
with match to data.