[ACT-R-users] Ref for empirical tests of cognitive models by predicting task difficulty (UNCLASSIFIED)

Kelley, Troy D CIV (US) troy.d.kelley6.civ at mail.mil
Tue Apr 29 09:06:17 EDT 2014

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Ken,

I did some work in predicting error rates awhile ago, in another life ;-).

BTW, I think this is a money maker for cognitive modeling.  It is one of the
best applied uses of cognitive modeling.

Kelley, Troy, D.; Patton, D.; Allender, L. (2001). Error rates in mental
manipulation of spatial images.  Perceptual and Motor skills, 92, 985-992.

Kelley, Troy, D., Patton, Debra, J. Allender, L. (2001). Predicting
Situation Awareness Errors using Cognitive Modeling.  In: M. J. Smith, G.
Salvendy, D. Harris, R.J. Koubek. (Eds.) Proceedings of Human-Computer
Interaction International 2001 Conference: (Vol. 1)  Usability Evaluation
and Interface Design: Cognitive Engineering, Intelligent Agents and Virtual
Reality. (pp. 1455 - 1459). Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Mahwah, New Jersey.

Kelley, T. D., Scribner, D. R., (2003). Developing a Predictive Model of
Dual Task Performance.  ARL Technical Report ARL-MR-0556.

Kelley, Troy, D.; Lee, Frank., Wiley, Patrick.; (2000). Developing and ACT-R
model of Spatial Manipulation.  ARL-Technical report. (ARL-TR-2179).
Aberdeen Proving Ground, Aberdeen, Maryland.

Troy Kelley
Cognitive Robotics Team Leader
Human Research and Engineering Directorate
U.S. Army Research Laboratory
Aberdeen, MD
21005
Voice :410-278-5869