[ACT-R-users] Management & Research Position at OFFIS: Human-Machine Interaction on Ship Bridges

Andreas Luedtke andreas.luedtke at offis.de
Tue Apr 24 13:48:05 EDT 2012

---- Apologies for multiple postings ----

Opening of a Postdoc Position at OFFIS: Human-Machine Interaction on Ship
Bridges

The OFFIS Research Division Transportation (www.offis.de) has an open
position for a post doc researcher on a full-time basis available
immediately.
The position is for 3 years with an optional extension up to 5 years.

You will work in a European Project in the Maritime domain with leading
scientists in the field of Human-Machine Interaction and with experts from
the Transportation Industry. The position foresees to lead the
international team of approx. 15 researchers from different research and
industry organisations. The objective of the project is to research a new
methodology for human-centred design of adaptive ship bridge systems based
on models of distributed decision making processes of seafarers. We will
perform a detailed investigation of decision making processes on
(simulated and real) ship bridges in order to derive conceptual
enhancements of an existing model architecture. The concept will be
implemented into executable program code in order to perform model-based
simulations of various maritime scenarios. The resulting model will be
applied for assessment of human machine interaction (incl. workload and
usability aspects) involving a new adaptive navigation system. Apart from
leading the work you should contribute to the research tasks.

Our requirements:
You should be highly motivated and possess the competence to lead a team
of researchers. You should enjoy facing interdisciplinary challenges. As
an application-oriented researcher you are interested in communicating and
cooperating with industrial partners.
We expect an outstanding M.Sc. or Diploma in Computer Science, Cognitive
Psychology or a related discipline. An interest in, and preferably
experience with, either Cognitive Science, Artificial Intelligence,
Software Development and/or Safety Critical Assistance Systems are
essential. The position has a strong focus on the management of the
project including the management of the human modeling activities. For
this position a completed doctoral thesis and experience in leading
research teams is required.

What we offer:
OFFIS is located in Oldenburg (north western Germany) - a dynamic
university city with a distinct sense of personality and an unique quality
of life offering many cultural and free time possibilities. Oldenburg is
located near Bremen and Hamburg with the North Sea only few kilometres
away. OFFIS is an institute for information technology with an
international focus. For our employees, we offer a professionally and
socially attractive working environment. As an academic institute, we have
in cooperation with the University excellent opportunities for the
development of professional and personal skills in a scientific
environment. The salary will be dependent on the qualifications and
performance.
For more information, please contact me via mail luedtke(at)offis.de or
phone +49-441-9722-530.

Please submit your application including the usual documents to:
personal(at)offis.de

Thank you and best regards,
Andreas Luedtke

--
Dr. Andreas Luedtke
Leiter Technologiecluster | Manager

OFFIS
FuE Bereich Verkehr | R&D Division Transportation
Escherweg 2 - 26121 Oldenburg - Germany
Phone/Fax.: +49 441 9722-530/-102
E-Mail: luedtke at offis.de