[ACT-R-users] model validation

Fehmida Hussain hussain.fehmida at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 04:51:27 EDT 2008

Sorry for reposting, I was desperately looking for some advice on this:

hi all,

I have a query regarding model validation.
I have implemented a few ACT-R 6 models of attentional networks simulating
experimental studies. I have human data available to validate my model. the
human study itself uses statistics like ANOVA to determine significane of
the conditions and interactions between variables.

Is is sufficient (from the point of view of model validation ) for me to
just use Correl and SD to validate the model results against the human data
or is it better to repeat the statistical test to show the same
significane? What will be considered better from the point of view of
defending my thesis?

thanks
Fehmida