[ACT-R-users] Deadline approaching - Workshop on Metacognition in Educational Technology

Ido Roll idoroll at cmu.edu
Sat Apr 12 11:25:18 EDT 2008

A quick reminder that the deadline for submissions for the Workshop on
Metacognition and Self-Regulated Learning in Educational Technology is APRIL
20th
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/iroll/workshops/its08/cfp.html

Extensions will be given by request only.

Looking forward to your contributions,
Ido Roll and Vincent Aleven

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

>           CALL FOR PAPERS
>
> The 3rd Workshop on Metacognition and Self-Regulated Learning in
> Educational Technology
>
> in Intelligent Tutoring Systems (ITS) 2008, June 23-27, Montreal
>
> http://andrew.cmu.edu/~iroll/workshops/its08
>
>           Submission deadline: April 20
>
> :~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:
>
> While educational technology has been shown to be effective at the domain,
> cognitive level, similar success has not been achieved yet with regard to
> tutoring better metacognitive and self regulation skills. A key question is
> whether instructional technology can be as effective in fostering
> metacognitive skills.
>
> The aim of the workshop, 3rd in a series, is to improve our understanding
> of the design of goals, instruction, and assessment of tutoring
> metacognition and self-regulated learning using educational technology. We
> hope to spur in-depths discussion as well as foster a community built around
> these topics.
>
> :~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:
>
> While all relevant submissions are welcome, authors are encouraged to
> discuss aspects of measurement of metacognition and SRL in educational
> technologies. Such aspects include, but are not limited to, the following:
> -    Capturing, recording, or extracting metacognitive aspects of
> students' learning processes
> -    Interpreting and assessing metacognitive behavior
> -    Evaluating the effect of metacognitive feedback and interventions
> -    Designing tasks for metacognitive assessment
> -    Measuring metacognition over time or in changing contexts
> -    Qualitative vs quantitative methods to measure meta-cognitive
> behavior
> -    Modeling metacognition
> -    Assessing metacognition in educational technologies compared to the
> classroom or lab
> -    Relation between metacognitive measures and measures of learning,
> motivation, and other measures of interest.
>
> :~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:
>
> IMPORTANT DATES:
>
> •    Submission deadline: April 20
> •    Reviews back to authors: May 19
> •    Camera ready deadline: May 23
> •    Workshop: June 23/24
>
> :~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:
>
> SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
>
> We invite work at all stages of development. Papers can describe applied
> systems, empirical results or theoretically grounded positions, and can
> tackle any aspect of metacognitive goals, instruction, and assessment.
>
> All papers are expected to follow the general ITS 2008 submission
> guidelines (http://gdac.dinfo.uqam.ca/its2008/). Papers must comply with
> the LNCS formatting instructions (
> http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-2-72376-0), and should
> not to exceed 5000 words.
>
> Papers will be peer reviewed by the workshop organizing committee.
> Accepted papers will be included in the workshop proceedings and will be
> [...]

:~:~:~:~:
Ido Roll
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~iroll/
Human Computer Interaction Institute