[Soups-announce] Submit to CSCW workshop on data privacy and design

Jessica Vitak jvitak at umd.edu
Fri Aug 13 12:19:34 EDT 2021

Hi everyone,

A group of folks and I are running a one-day, virtual workshop at CSCW on
Sunday, October 24 titled "Designing for Data Awareness: Addressing Privacy
and Security Concerns About 'Smart' Technologies." We're focusing on data
generated, collected, and shared via smart home devices and how to provide
consumers with a clearer understanding of the data being collected by their
devices and potentially give them greater control over that data.

If you're interested, see this page for more information on our goals and
how to participate: https://pearl.umd.edu/cscw2021-workshop/
We're asking for either a position paper (2-4 pgs) or a short statement of
interest (1pg) from folks who want to attend.
The deadline for submitting is September 1.

Thanks and we hope you'll consider submitting!
Jessica

Jessica Vitak, PhD (she/her/hers)
Associate Professor, College of Information Studies
Associate Director, Human-Computer Interaction Lab (HCIL)
University of Maryland | 4130 Campus Drive (Hornbake Building, South Wing)
www.ischool.umd.edu | jvitak at umd.edu | 301-405-8617
https://jessicavitak.com | https://pearl.umd.edu