[Soups-announce] CFP: EuroUSEC 2020 + Updates

Sanchari Das sancdas at iu.edu
Thu Mar 12 17:25:59 EDT 2020

Hello,

The European Workshop on Usable Security (EuroUSEC) is a forum for research
and discussion in the area of human-centered security and privacy. We know
that the worldwide COVID-19 situation has caused much stress and
disruption. In light of recent developments, we'd like to provide a few
updates for EuroUSEC 2020's submission deadlines.

First, as you may already know, the 5th EuroUSEC workshop has been
*rescheduled* from June and will take place on September 7th, 2020,
co-located with EuroS&P 2020 in Genova, Italy.

Second, this year's original paper submission deadline of March 16th, 2020
is *not affected.* We will continue to accept both longer 10-page papers on
mature/completed work in a research track, as well as shorter 6-page papers
on work in progress (or work that has yet to begin) in a vision track. This
decision to accept both types of submissions aims to include researchers at
all stages of their careers and at all stages of their projects. These
papers will receive decisions and publications on the original schedule.
The full call for papers is available at
https://eusec20.cs.uchicago.edu/#cfp.

Third, to accommodate authors whose plans to submit to the original
deadline may have been disrupted, we will be offering a *supplemental
deadline* on June 5th, 2020. As we are still in discussion with IEEE and
the EuroS&P chairs about this later publication schedule, we cannot
guarantee that papers accepted through the second deadline will also be
published through IEEE. If they do not grant our request, we will find a
publisher of comparable stature (i.e., once whose publications are indexed
by a major academic portal) to publish the additional proceedings. In all
cases, we will publish preprints (with authors' permission) on the EuroUSEC
website (https://eusec20.cs.uchicago.edu).

We would greatly appreciate it if you would pass this CFP and accompanying
updates to any colleagues whom you think might be interested.

Sincerely,

Blase Ur and Peter Mayer, EuroUSEC 2020 Co-Chairs

Maximilian Golla, Miranda Wei, and Sanchari Das, EuroUSEC 2020 Publicity
Co-Chairs