[Olympus developers 428]: Re: Support on Linux

Aitzaz Ahmad aitzaz.ahmad at kics.edu.pk
Thu Nov 28 01:19:33 EST 2013

Why wasn't the porting activity completed? I'm just asking to gain a
better insight into the problems that were faced during the activity
itself. Because I remember reading somewhere in the archived mails that one
of the major challenges was the underlying use of Windows threading API.
I've been considering the option of porting the code to Linux recently and
I want to guage the effort that might be required. We are working on a
spoken dialogue system for Urdu language at Center For Language Engineering
in UET Lahore under Dr. Sarmad Hussain. But we do have timelines to meet. I
just want to know if the activity would be too costly in terms of working
hours required to be considered as a viable option or not.

Aitzaz Ahmad
"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans
and a nice Chianti." Dr. Hannibal Lecter - Silence of the Lambs (1991)