[Olympus developers 424]: Configuring and Running Olympus Example Systems

Aitzaz Ahmad aitzaz.ahmad at kics.edu.pk
Fri Nov 22 01:57:18 EST 2013

Hi,

     I was able to find a work around for the issues highlighted in my
previous mail dated November 14th, 2013 (titled RE: Building and
Configuring the Olympus System). The NetBeans I had installed was version
6.9 and the script requires a version 7.0 or greater. Apart from that, I
used the same JDK but the whole environment was setup on a 32-bit Windows 7
VM this time. And the OlympusBuild.pl script ran and completed
successfully. It found all the entries in the registry, created the
OLYMPUS_ROOT environment variable, and compiled all the code generating all
the required binaries. According to the Olympus wiki page, the next step
was to run a downloaded example system. I downloaded the entire
example-systems branch and chose to run RoomLine. As mentioned on the wiki
page and the ReadMe file in the systems "branch" folder, I ran the
SystemBuild.pl script. This script failed and displayed the following
message(s):

"BUILD_CONF... Release
BUILD_TYPE... Build
OLYMPUS_ROOT... C:/Users/Maverick/2.5
BUILD_LOG... build.log
PROJECT_ROOT... C:\Users\Maverick\example-systems\RoomLine\branches\2.5
PROJECT... RoomLine
CMAKE_PARAMS...
LOGIOS_ROOT... C:\Users\Maverick\2.5\Tools\logios
Detecting platform in use... Windows
Searching for File::Spec Perl Module... Found
Searching for File::Copy Perl Module... Found
Searching for IPC::Open3 Perl Module... Found
Searching for IO::Handle Perl Module... Found
Searching for Getopt::Long Perl Module... Found
Searching for Win32 Perl Module... Found
Searching for Win32::API Perl Module... Found
Searching for Win32::TieRegistry Perl Module... Found
Creating bin\x86-nt directory for build output... Done
Copying galaxy.jar from Olympus to bin\x86-nt... Done
Copying jLibOlympusUtility.jar from Olympus to bin\x86-nt... Done
Copying libOlympusUtility.dll from Olympus to bin\x86-nt... Done
Checking if the project is using CMake... No
Searching for maximum valid Visual Studio version... Not Found
Please install Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or 2008.
Searching for Sun Java JDK... Found
Searching for NetBeans Ant... Not Found
Cannot find NetBeans.
Please install it from http://netbeans.com.

Error during configure stage.  Please fix and run the script again.
SUMMARY:
Please install Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or 2008.
Cannot find NetBeans.
Please install it from http://netbeans.com.

Error during configure stage.  Please fix and run the script again.

Use of uninitialized value in division (/) at
C:/Users/Maverick/2.5/Build/OlympusBuild.pm line 67.
Use of uninitialized value in modulus (%) at
C:/Users/Maverick/2.5/Build/OlympusBuild.pm line 67.
Total Build Time: 0:00
See the log file 'build.log' to review script output.
Press ENTER to exit."

NOTE: The quoted messages above have been posted verbatim. They have been
copied from the command prompt window.

I would like some feedback on this. I don't see any reason why this script
shouldn't be able to find the tools installed on the system that the
OlympusBuild.pl did.

Regards,
Aitzaz Ahmad