[Olympus developers 435]: Re: Running RavenClaw as a stand-alone application

Matthew Marge mrmarge at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Dec 18 15:53:34 EST 2013

RavenClaw's source code is here:
http://trac.speech.cs.cmu.edu/repos/olympus/branches/2.5/Libraries/RavenClaw/
If you've checked out Olympus 2.5, it's in the Libraries/RavenClaw
folder. Currently, RavenClaw is part of Olympus using the Galaxy
Communicator architecture, but you could use "stubs" for any
components you don't want to use. However, you will need some form of
input/output. You'll need to modify the configuration files in the
folder containing your program (for example, in tutorial 1, you would
need to modify http://trac.speech.cs.cmu.edu/repos/olympus/tutorials/Tutorial1/branches/2.5/Configurations/Desktop/startlist.config
to specify which programs should start up in the process monitor at
runtime).

If you want to use a different communication architecture, you're
going to need to look into the DMInterfaces/ folder, which has two
examples of how RavenClaw has been included with applications before
using communication libraries (namely Open Agent Architecture and our
preferred communication library, Galaxy). DMInterface.h indicates the
libraries to include based on whether OAA or Galaxy was used in the
past. I think you'll need to start here.

DMCore/DMBridge.cpp has the code responsible for forwarding messages
from RavenClaw to the Galaxy hub, but also had alternate code for OAA.
In general, you'll want to look for all places in the RavenClaw
project where it initiates Galaxy calls (i.e., look in the RavenClaw
project for all occurrences of "#ifdef GALAXY"). Other relevant files
include DMCoreAgent, InputManagerAgent, OutputManagerAgent, and so on.

The source code has all the expansions of the C++ macros you need to
use in the dialog task file when you actually build the dialog task
tree, along with the code for the dialog engine, which performs the
task tree traversal and grounding actions.

Cheers,
Matt