[Olympus developers 209]: Re: N-best lists for PocketSphinx / Olympus

Thomas Harris tkharris at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 13:04:46 EDT 2010

Hi Blaise,

Thanks for looking into this. I hope we can include your bugfixes. I've been
looking into this as well, and there's a more fundamental issue. It seems
like you can't get word confidence metrics from the PocketSphinx segment
iterators when you've gotten the sement iterators from the n_best hypothisis
iterator. It smells like a PocketSphinx bug, but I haven't seen any
reference implementation of PocketSphinx that makes use of those confidence
metrics in an n_best setting, so I'm not sure that it isn't a problem with
how the PocketSphinx api is used. Until that issue is resolved n_best lists
won't work in Olympus, too many downhill processes depend on those
confidence metrics.

Thanks,
-Thomas