[Olympus developers 184]: sapi clarification

Thomas Harris thomas at edalytics.com
Wed Feb 24 13:13:38 EST 2010

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why Kalliope uses SAPI 5.1 vs like 5.3?

It's actually hard for me to tell. The documentation is a little sketchy,
but it looks like 5.3 may support ssml while 5.1 only supports a proprietary
version. Even for 5.3 though, I can't be confident from the documentation
that ssml if fully supported. Anyone know anything about that.

Anyway, all of this investigation was to see if I could throw wav files into
the tts. I thought it would be a simple matter of including an <ssml:audio>
tag, but that opened a can of worms.

Thanks,
-Thomas