[Olympus developers 182]: Re: problem with apollo

Thomas Harris thomas at edalytics.com
Sat Feb 20 08:59:35 EST 2010

Hmm...

It appears that ultimately this is a problem with my computer. Audioserver
it's actually getting samples at 16kHz, it's getting them a little slower,
probably 11025, despite the configuration. I'm running xp as a guest os with
vmware's fusion, so I'm guessing that the virtualization sounds drivers are
not really fully functional. Anyway, the slower-than-expected samples caused
audioserver to report times in the past, so when it told apollo that there
was a vad event several seconds ago, apollo promptly complained that it
hadn't heard any partial hypotheses and terminated the utterance.

So I guess running under fusion is out, although it might work with a USB
mic, and of course it shouldn't have any trouble with voip.

Thanks,
-Thomas