[Olympus developers 131]: Re: Missing file during tokenization

Antoine Raux antoine.raux at gmail.com
Mon May 4 14:28:14 EDT 2009

Hi Derek,

I'm no longer at CMU so not aware of the most recent internal
developments but I think the Tutorial systems are not up-to-date and do
not work with the current trunk (or maybe even the latest release). The
MeetingLine example system (available from the repository at
http://trac.speech.cs.cmu.edu/repos/olympus/example-systems) is the
reference system that is most likely to work.

Judging from the activity on this list, it seems that an increasing
number of groups outside CMU are using (or at least trying to use)
Olympus. I think it would be worth it for someone to get the tutorials
up to date and finish the tutorials. I know this is a lot of work but
without proper documentation (including tutorials) it will be hard to
gather and maintain a community of Olympus developers/users... This can
be done either by someone from the core group at CMU or one of the more
advanced external users (I think the latter might be better since that
person would have a better understanding of the issues involved in
learning to use Olympus). Ideally it would be a group of people from
both sides...

Unfortunately, I'm sorry I can't be of much help on this now...

On a side note, are any Olympus developers/users going to HLT/NAACL 2009
in Boulder, CO in June? If so, I'd be happy to meet and have a chat :)

antoine