[Olympus developers 95]: Endpoint of utterance..

Νίκος Κατσαούνος nkatsaounos at sch.gr
Mon Jan 26 07:44:23 EST 2009

Hi again!

I set-up an Olympus microphone-based application that uses PocketSphinx for ASR.
My problem is that when I make my request, in case no recognition result/concept is produced (for any reason, eg fault of recognition engine, no definition in lexicon, no definition in grammar etc), the application still waits for an input utterance.
The behaviour that I want my application to have, is to proceed with a corresponding prompt either there is a valid recognition result or not.
So, my question is, how can I define an "endpoint" to user utterance that correspond to the duration of final pause/silense of user utterance (eg 1000msec) ; So, when a user speaks to the microphone, after eg 1000 msec pause of the end of its utterance, recording process is stopped and DM continues, regardless of having or not recognition/concept result.
I tried out to find something in Spinxvad component, but I didn't find the way I could implement/configure the above..

Thanks in advance

Nikos Katsaounos