[Olympus developers 94]: ASR versions in Olympus

Νίκος Κατσαούνος nkatsaounos at sch.gr
Thu Jan 22 07:43:43 EST 2009

Hello all

I am investigating the possibility of use an Olympus system for dictation systems or applications similar to them that require recognition of quite a large amount of "free" speech data..
My questions are:
a) which versions of sphinx are currentely supported by Olympus? I notice that pocketsphinx is used in tutorials.
b) is there any version of ASR engines supported in Olympus (eg Sphinx version) that supports "free text" recognition (eg eg for dictation systems) ? In this case can I have a recognition result without defining any grammar? Is pocketsphinx supports such a feature?

Thanks a lot
Nikos Katsaounos