[Olympus developers 42]: VoIP using Freeswitch

David Huggins-Daines dhuggins at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Jul 17 13:11:03 EDT 2008

So, it actually seems like we can use Freeswitch in a particular
"cut-down" configuration as our audio/telephony server in Olympus.

The idea is that we just need to write a module which takes audio and
session events and forwards them through the Galaxy hub.  Then we will
just set up FreeSwitch to answer the phone and route all audio and
events to this module.  At least, I think that's how it works.

Here are a few things to look at:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Freeswitch_softphone
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Using_developer_interfaces