[Olympus developers 41]: Switching Judy to only Allow Subversion 1.5 Clients on July 25

Benjamin Frisch bfrisch at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Jul 16 12:20:46 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,
  In about two weeks there are going to be a number of merges for the
upcoming Olympus 2.3 and TeamTalk 0.3.  We would like these merges to be
tracked by Subversion 1.5's new merge tracking feature.  This requires a
upgrade of the subversion server on Trac.speech to Subversion 1.5.  In an
effort to eliminate the chance of old clients creating problems for future
merges, we currently plan to disable commit privleges for clients that do
not support merge tracking (which are Subversion clients that have a
subversion base library version of less than 1.5 beta).  We think this will
be a minor inconvience to current users as TortiseSVN, Subclipse, and
AnkhSVN have all been updated to use Subversion 1.5 libraries.  If there are
any objections let me know.  I will inform you an hour or two before I take
Trac.speech down on July 25 for 15 minutes to two hours to ugrade the
subversion installation, Apache server as well, and additionally the PHP
installation on Trac.speech.

Thank you,
Benjamin Frisch
Speech Lab Undergraduate Research Assistant