Connectionists: 8th SIPTA seminar: Frank Riedel ("Knightian Uncertainty in Finance and Economics") 30th March

sdesterc sebastien.destercke at hds.utc.fr
Thu Mar 16 12:42:11 EDT 2023

Dear colleagues,

We are delighted to announce our upcoming eight SIPTA online seminar on imprecise probabilities (IP). These monthly events are open to anyone interested in IP, and will be followed by a Q&A and open discussion. They also provide an occasion for the community to meet, keep in touch and exchange between in-person events.

The eigth seminar will take place on the 30th of March (Thrusday).

The zoom link for this seminar is https://utc-fr.zoom.us/j/83400465706

For this eigth seminar, we are very happy to have Frank Riedel as our speaker. Frank Riedel, among other things, is Professor for Mathematics and Economics at Bielefeld University, as well as Director of the Center for Mathematical Economics and Editor in Chief of Mathematics and Financial Economics. He has made many core contribution to the handling of uncertainty in Finance, in particular to deal with ambiguity and knighting uncertainty.

On the 30th March, at 15:00 CET paris time (up to 17:00 CET, with a talk duration of 45min/1h), he will talk about "Knightian Uncertainty in Finance and Economics”. Curious? Then check out the abstract on the webpage of the SIPTA seminars: sipta.org/events/sipta-seminars. The zoom link for attending the seminar can be found on that same page. So please mark your calendars on the 30th March, at 15:00 CET, and join us for the occasion.

And for those who missed the previous seminar and want to catch up, or simply want to see it again and again, it is now online at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xv-7P7J1og.

See you at the seminar!

Sébastien, Enrique and Jasper