Connectionists: Conceptual Questions about Neural Nets

David H Kirshner dkirsh at lsu.edu
Wed Jul 26 16:20:16 EDT 2023

I’m working on a book about the relation of learning theories to teaching practices, with a chapter devoted to neural nets as a model of skill learning. I have been digging into the literature, but not finding conceptual generalizations I need that span the various models (supervised, unsupervised, and reinforcement) through which neural nets are operationalized. I’ve generated a set of questions and conjectures that I’m not finding answered in the literature. If you like to think about neural nets beyond the technical and implementation issues, please contact me. I have some research funds available that I can use to compensate you for your time.

David Kirshner

David Kirshner, Professor
Mathematics Education
103 Peabody Hall
School of Education
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge LA 70803-4728
Office: (225) 578-2332    Fax: (225) 578-9135
mailto:dkirsh at lsu.edu
https://www.lsu.edu/chse/education/faculty_and_staff_directory/dkirshner.php