Connectionists: Fully funded Postdoctoral and PhD positions to study Cerebellum-Basal ganglia interactions

Arvind Kumar arvind.k.panchal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 12:53:48 EDT 2022

Fully funded Postdoctoral and PhD positions to study Cerebellum-Basal
ganglia interactions

We invite applications for a postdoctoral position and a phd student
position in the labs of Dr. Arvind Kumar (KTH Stockholm, Sweden), and Dr.
Philippe Isope (CNRS, University of Strasbourg, France).

The project: We are interested in understanding how the basal ganglia and
the cerebellum interact during a sensori-motor task. To this end we use
both experimental data (multiunit activity and behavior) and computational
models. On one hand we will record multiunit neuronal activity in the
cerebellum and basal ganglia while animals perform a motor task. On the
other hand we will use computational models to understand how activity in
one brain region affects the representation of task related activity in the
other area.

What are we looking for:

   -

   MSc/Phd in neuroscience (or Physics/Maths/Engineering)
   -

   Strong track record (e.g. published papers for those applying for the
   postdoctoral position)
   -

   Experience in computational modelling of biological neuronal networks
   and neural data analysis
   -

   Willingness to learn to perform extracellular recording in awake
   behaving animals

Where: The candidates will be hired at the University of Strasbourg,
France. and will be based at the Isope Lab
<https://inci-en.u-strasbg.fr/?page_id=432>. But s/he will work in close
contact with Dr. Kumar who will spend considerable time in Strasbourg in
the next two years. Moreover, the candidates will have the opportunity to
spend time in Kumar Lab <https://www.kth.se/profile/arvindku> in Stockholm,
Sweden.

Tentative start date: Nov. 2022

Application documents: Please provide following documents in your
application package

   -

   Detailed CV
   -

   Summary of ongoing and previous research (1-2 pages )
   -

   Future research plans and explain why you want to study cerebellum basal
   ganglia interactions (1-2 pages)
   -

   Name and contact information of at least two referees.

*Application deadline: 30 Oct. 2022 *

Application submission: Please email your application document to

arvindku at kth.se

About the supervisors:

Arvind Kumar: He is an associate professor at KTH Stockholm, Sweden. He has
extensive experience in modelling biological neuronal network. His research
group is interested in understanding information flow in the brain, how
neuronal networks interact. His

More info: https://arvkumar.github.io/ and
https://www.kth.se/profile/arvindku

Philippe Isope: He is a leading expert in cerebellum electrophysiology. His
group is interested in understanding how cerebellar microcircuits shape
brain function in both healthy and pathological states.

More info. : https://inci-en.u-strasbg.fr/?page_id=432

--
Dr. Arvind Kumar
Computational Brain Science,

Ph. No. +46-8790-6224
Web: https://www.kth.se/profile/arvindku/  https://arvkumar.github.io/
cricket blog: http://rightarmoverfast.blogspot.com
--------
न यः संपृच्छे न पुनर्हवीतवे न संवादाय रमते ।
तस्मान्नो अद्य समृतेरुरुष्यतं बाहुभ्यां न उरुष्यतम् ॥
ऋग्वेदः मण्डलं - ८.

He who has no pleasure in questioning, nor in debate, nor in dialogue,
Defend us to-day from him and from his encounter, defend us from his arms.