Connectionists: 2 PhD Positions at the Institute for Neuro and Sensory Physiology in Göttingen

Tetzlaff, Christian christian.tetzlaff at med.uni-goettingen.de
Tue Mar 8 04:49:19 EST 2022

View in Browser: https://www.umg.eu/karriere/stellenangebote/stellenanzeigen-detail/?jobId=4612

The department of Computational Synaptic Physiology of the University Medical Center in Göttingen, Germany headed by Prof. Dr. Christian Tetzlaff is seeking

2 x PhD-Positions (m/f/d).

Both positions will be affiliated with the research group of Prof. Tetzlaff, who is investigating the emergence of complex behavior from the interplay of diverse neuronal and synaptic processes of neuronal networks (see, e.g., Becker & Tetzlaff, 2021, PLoS Comput. Biol.; Luboeinski & Tetzlaff, 2021, Comm. Biol.). As part of the CRC1286 (https://www.sfb1286.de/?lang=en), the aim of the research project(s) is to deepen our understanding of the molecular principles underlying key synaptic processes of plasticity by the usage of computational and mathematical methods.

Suitable candidates should hold a Master degree in Physics, Computer Science, or similar, preferably with some additional experiences in Computational Neuroscience and Molecular Biology. We expect excellent mathematical and coding skills (e.g., Python, C++) as well as skills in scientific communication (including proficiency in English). The candidates should be curious, highly motivated, self-organized, and show a keen interest to work within a lively research team and to perform leading-edge research in close connection to newest experimental results.

Applications should be send via Email including a letter of motivation, CV, and certificates to the following Email address: christian.tetzlaff at med.uni-goettingen.de<mailto:christian.tetzlaff at med.uni-goettingen.de>
The University Medical Center Göttingen is committed to professional equality. We therefore seek to increase the proportion of under-represented genders. Applicants with disabilities and equal qualifications will be given preferential treatment.

We look forward to receiving your application by 31.03.2022:
University Medical Center Göttingen
Department of Neuro- and Sensory Physiology
Prof. Dr. Christian Tetzlaff
Humboldtallee 23
37073 Göttingen
Tel.: 0551/39-61162
E-Mail: christian.tetzlaff at med.uni-goettingen.de<mailto:christian.tetzlaff at med.uni-goettingen.de>

Please send your application via e-mail in PDF-format or via mail in copy and not in folders.