Connectionists: Weird beliefs about consciousness

Juyang Weng juyang.weng at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 21:21:09 EST 2022

Dear Hava,

Your wrote: " I would like to add that before consciousness is well
defined it is meaningless to discuss whether it exists in artificial
systems.  We r scientists and require clarity."

Do you have a chance to read my Conscious Learning paper:
J. Weng, "3D-to-2D-to-3D Conscious Learning", in Proc. IEEE 40th
International Conference on Consumer Electronics, pp. 1-6, Las Vegas NV,
USA, Jan.7-9, 2022. PDF file
<http://www.cse.msu.edu/~weng/research/ConsciousLearning-ICCE-2022-rvsd-cite.pdf>
.

I drafted a paper about biological brain and natural conscious learning,
timidly for Nature (but I am afraid that it will be rejected).  Do you mind
pre-reading it like a reviewer?  If you are so kind, I will send it to you
(for you to reject I am afraid).

Best regards,
-John
--