Connectionists: Weird beliefs about consciousness

Juyang Weng juyang.weng at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 19:42:04 EST 2022

Danko:
You wrote "Attention may not be a separate mechanism but a shadow of
something else in
the brain that also does working memory and other stuff like decision
making and intelligence in general. We don't know what that is. "

I urge you to learn universal Turing machines (UTMs).  Although UTMs were
not for brains, I found that they are extremely useful for modeling and
understanding the brain, because so much formalism has been built
rigorously on them.   In my model, state and actions must be considered the
same but UTMs treat them separately.  I hope many people on this list do
not overlook UTMs.

Best regards,
-John
--