Connectionists: Please stop having conversations on this mailing list

Stephen José Hanson jose at rubic.rutgers.edu
Mon Feb 7 08:12:13 EST 2022

Pau,

actually this was exactly what Connectionists was created for:  civil,
thoughtful discussion about Neural Computation.

It is very lightly moderated and provides a forum for discussion,
promotion and potential collaborations.

This discussion has been a bit redundant here and there, but for the
most part reconstructing much of the arguments from the 1980s in the
background of the DL revolution.

Explainable AI, Neuro-Symbolic models and causal structure have been
constant concerns of thoughtful folks using, building Neural network
systems for 40 years.

The threads have gone in predictable ways, but have interesting voices
and real issues behind them.   Some of this is dialetical (my friend
Gary Marcus who is a master at this) and some of it hyperbolic.   But
all have made excellent and interesting points.

Best Regards,

Steve