Connectionists: Scientific Integrity, the 2021 Turing Lecture, etc.

Schmidhuber Juergen juergen at idsia.ch
Tue Feb 1 09:46:32 EST 2022

Yes, Barak, in hindsight we know well that both Rosenblatt [R58-62] and Minsky [M69] were wrong in several ways. But by now we have known that for many decades! Obviously, today’s surveys should reflect this. However, the previously mentioned self-serving DL surveys (2015-2021) [DL3, DL3a, S20] are still promulgating the same old misleading PDP narratives, although their authors know better. Alarmingly, revisionist surveys of the so-called "DL conspiracy" and the similar "ELM conspiracy” (mentioned in the previous msg) are still being cited! What’s wrong with our field? Jürgen