Connectionists: Postdoc Position in Computational Psychiatry/Neuroscience @Columbia

Kiyohito Iigaya kiigaya at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 16:14:11 EDT 2021

The Laboratory for Computational Psychiatry and Translational Neuroscience
at Columbia University (PI: Kyo Iigaya. https://www.iigayalab.com) is
looking for a motivated postdoc to work on research in computational
neuroscience/psychiatry, with a particular focus on understanding neural
computation underlying adaptive and maladaptive learning and
decision-making under uncertainty. The starting date is flexible.

We are a new laboratory working at the interface between computational
neuroscience and psychiatry.  Our goal is to understand neural computation
underlying learning and decision-making across species in normal and
abnormal states, and to translate our findings to clinical applications in
psychiatry. We use both theoretical and experimental tools, including
reinforcement-learning models, (deep, recurrent) neural network models,
web-based behavioral experiments, and fMRI. We work closely with basic and
clinical laboratories across Columbia, including labs at the Psychiatry
Department, the Center for Theoretical Neuroscience, and the Zuckerman Mind
Brain Behavior Institute.

The ideal candidate has a strong background in the computational modeling
of behavioral and neural dynamics, as well as in data analyses using
machine learning tools. Experiences in programming online experiments
(e.g., Mturk) or administrating fMRI experiments are a plus. The successful
candidate should have a Ph.D. in computational neuroscience, physics,
computer science, psychology, or related fields.

Candidates should send a single PDF file to ki2151 at columbia.edu with the
subject 'Postdoc Application'. The PDF should contain:

1) a CV

2) a brief summary of research interests, and

3) the names and contact details of three referees who will be willing to
write reference letters.

Informal inquiries about the position are encouraged. Application reviews
will continue until the position is filled.

Best wishes,

Kyo Iigaya

Kiyohito Iigaya, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Neurobiology (in Psychiatry)
Columbia University Irving Medical Center