Connectionists: Call for Papers: Reproducibility in Neuroscience

Alberto Antonietti alberto.antonietti at polimi.it
Fri Nov 19 04:15:41 EST 2021

Are you interested in making neuroscience more reproducible?
Have you already tried to replicate a study?
Are you bothered by the "Data and code are available upon reasonable
request"?

If your answer to one of the previous questions is "yes", then you could
be interested in this call for papers. With this research topic, we aim
to stimulate neuroscientists from all fields to design and publish works
that rigorously attempt to reproduce landmarks or controversial studies:
https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/26709/reproducibility-in-neuroscience

We are inviting papers on both:
- "Results reproducibility", i.e., obtain the same results from an
independent study with procedures as closely matched to the original
study as possible;
- "Inferential reproducibility", i.e. draw the same conclusions from
either an independent replication, using different research
methodologies, of a study or a reanalysis of the original data.

We will consider both confirmatory and negative results, the unique
criteria will be the rigorousness, fairness, and soundness of the
replication study.

Authors are required to make all materials and methods used to conduct
their research available to other researchers. Data and codes used to
analyze results must comply with FAIR principles and should preferably
be uploaded to an online repository providing a global persistent
identifier (e.g., OSF, Harvard Dataverse, Zenodo).
Authors are also strongly encouraged to subject their codes to an
independent audit at codecheck.org.uk.

I’m very pleased to be launching a new article collection,
Reproducibility in Neuroscience, together with an expert editorial team:
- Alberto Antonietti - Blue Brain Project, Ecole polytechnique fédérale
de Lausanne (EPFL), Geneva, Switzerland
- Reeteka Sud - National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences
(NIMHANS), Bangalore, India
- Nele A Haelterman - Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, United States
- Nafisa M Jadavji - Midwestern University, Glendale, AZ, United States
- Denes Szucs - University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom

We’re now in the process of putting together a group of top researchers
whose work we’d like to feature in this collection, and we would like
you to participate. The research topic is hosted by Frontiers in
Integrative Neuroscience, you can find all information here:
https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/26709/reproducibility-in-neuroscience

Important notice on Publishing Fee (APC) support:
If Frontiers publishing fees are too high for your funding situation,
you are eligible for full or partial APC fee support. In order to apply
to fee support, please complete the fee support application form online,
and allow up to two weeks for Frontiers to review and reply to your
request: https://frontiers.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_51IljifwFBXUzY1
More information can be found at:
https://www.frontiersin.org/about/fee-policy

Please get in touch if you have any questions - looking forward to
hearing from you.
Alberto
On behalf of the Topic Editors.

http://www.avg.com