Connectionists: Paid Research Internships in AI and Brain Research (CaCTüS)

Hannah Nonnenberg cactus-internship at tuebingen.mpg.de
Wed Nov 10 09:56:14 EST 2021

Our new CaCTüS program offers paid research internships at the Max Planck
Institutes in Tübingen (Germany) to students who face significant
constraints in their pursuit of a career in AI or brain research.

We would be very grateful if you could help us reach students who may
benefit from our program. You can do that by distributing the call for
applications in your professional networks, among your colleagues and any
interested students, or by sharing our posts on social media.

You may find details on the program and links to our social media posts
below. We also attach a poster for physical distribution.

We thank you in advance for any support you are willing to give us. If you
have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,

Hannah Nonnenberg

- on behalf of the CaCTüS Internship coordination team -

About the CaCTüS Internship program

 <https://cactus-internship.tuebingen.mpg.de>
cactus-internship.tuebingen.mpg.de

The sciences of biological and artificial intelligence are rapidly growing
research fields that need enthusiastic minds with a keen interest in solving
challenging questions. The Max Planck Institutes for Biological Cybernetics
and Intelligent Systems offer up to 10 students at the Bachelor or Master
level paid three-months internships during the summer of 2022. Successful
applicants will work with top-level scientists on research projects spanning
machine learning, electrical engineering, theoretical neuroscience,
behavioral experiments and data analysis. The CaCTüS Internship is aimed at
young scientists who are held back by personal, financial, regional or
societal constraints to help them develop their research careers and gain
access to first-class education. The program is designed to foster
inclusion, diversity, equity and access to excellent scientific facilities.
We specifically encourage applications from students living in low- and
middle-income countries which are currently underrepresented in the Max
Planck Society research community.

Application deadline: 3rd January 2022

Social Media Links

Twitter: