Connectionists: Scientific Integrity, the 2021 Turing Lecture, etc.

Michael Arbib arbib at usc.edu
Mon Nov 8 03:00:42 EST 2021

How can we hope to understand each other when we cannot even understand the brain?

Or more accurately, the variations of brains in diverse bodies growing up in diverse societies .... A long way from the abstractions that have been at the core of this thread.

Michael A. Arbib
Adjunct Professor of Psychology, University of California at San Diego
Former and Founding Coordinator, Advisory Council, Academy of Neuroscience for Architecture
Emeritus at the University of Southern California: University Professor; Fletcher Jones Professor of Computer Science; Professor of Biological Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Neuroscience, & Psychology.

When Brains Meet Buildings: A Conversation Between Neuroscience and Architecture was published by Oxford University Press in August 2021.
https://global.oup.com/academic/product/when-brains-meet-buildings-9780190060954