Connectionists: Position in Intepretable ML @ JKU Linz

Johannes Fürnkranz juffi at faw.jku.at
Mon May 25 05:49:13 EDT 2020

The full call can be found here:
https://www.jku.at/en/faw/about-us/open-positions/

We are currently looking for post-doctoral researchers in machine
learning, game playing or knowledge discovery in databases for the
Computational Data Analysis group of Prof. Johannes Fürnkranz.
Exceptionally well qualified doctoral students may also apply.

We are particularly interested in researchers in one or more of the
following areas

     * Interpretability in ML
     * Inductive Rule Learning
     * Preference Learning
     * Multi-Label Classification
     * Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
     * Machine Learning and Game Playing
     * Monte-Carlo Tree Search

_Requirements_

     - Ph. D. in Computer Science or a related area (Master is
sufficient if exceptionally well qualified)
     - Strong background and track record in machine learning, game
playing, or knowledge discovery
     - Willingness and ability to work in a team and to support students
and lectures

_How to apply_

Please provide us with

- a CV, including a publication list
- a research statement describing how you would position your work with
respect to one or more of the above-mentioned areas
- up to 3 sample publications

These materials need to be submitted via the JKU on-line portal
(http://jku.at/application). Please specify job reference number 3990 in
your application.

The position is open until filled. If you have questions, please contact
Prof. Johannes Fürnkranz.

--
Johannes Fürnkranz
Computational Data Analytics