Connectionists: Shared Task on COVID-19 Event Extraction at EMNLP 2020 Workshop on User-generated Text

W-NUT 2020 Shared Task 3 wnut.sharedtask.covid19extract at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 15:24:50 EDT 2020

Shared Task on COVID-19 Event Extraction from Twitter at EMNLP 2020
Workshop on User-generated Text

http://noisy-text.github.io/2020/extract_covid19_event-shared_task.html

We invite everyone interested in information extraction, social media
analysis and computational social science to take part in the shared
task on "Extracting COVID-19 Events from Twitter". For this task,
participants are asked to develop systems that automatically extract
COVID-19 related events, including positive test results, denied
access to testing, and more. We are providing annotated training data,
code for baseline model, and evaluation scripts.

The system description papers will be peer-reviews and published as
part of the EMNLP 2020 Workshop Proceedings (ACL Anthology).

== Important Dates ==

Data available: June 22, 2020
Evaluation window: Sept. 7, 2020 - Sept. 11, 2020
System description papers submitted: Sept. 21, 2020
Papers reviewed: Sept. 30, 2020
Papers camera ready: Oct. 8, 2020
Workshop day: Nov. 19, 2020 (as part of the EMNLP 2020 conference,
virtual online)

== Shared-Task Organizers =

Shi Zong (Ohio State University)
Wei Xu (Ohio State University → Georgia Tech)
Alan Ritter (Ohio State University → Georgia Tech)

More details on the EMNLP conference and workshop --
http://noisy-text.github.io/
(submission deadline for the main workshop is Aug. 25, 2020.)