Connectionists: PhD Positions in Computational Neuroscience @ Monash Australia

Adeel Razi adeel.razi at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 00:30:55 EDT 2020

Dear all,

We are soliciting expressions of interest for PhD positions. The research
program of our “Computational Neuroscience Laboratory” has a couple of
directions that may be of interest for Engineering/Computer
Science/Physics/Maths students with interest in machine learning /
artificial intelligence as applied to answer questions grounded in
neurobiology. Our research is broadly directed towards:

i) development of neuroscience-inspired artificial intelligence schemes to
understand how parts of the brain work together to implement cognition

ii) development of multi-modal & multi-scale Bayesian framework (i.e.
dynamic causal modelling), to characterise brain network dynamics (and how
these brain dynamics reorganise with different brain pathologies)

The candidates may like to get further information on the application
process here: http://www.adeelrazi.org/openings.html or get in touch by
emailing adeel.razi at monash.edu

The Monash International Doctoral Program deadline is 31st Aug, 2020. So
please get in touch at least 3-4 weeks in advance to discuss suitability of
your profile.

With very best wishes,
Adeel

–
*Adeel Razi, PhD*
*Director, Computational Neuroscience Laboratory*
Associate Professor | ARC DECRA Fellow | Deputy Head - Brain Mapping &
Modelling Research Program

*Turner Institute for Brain and Mental Health*
Monash University, Australia
adeelrazi.org <http://www.adeelrazi.org/> | monash.edu/turner-institute

Honorary Senior Research Fellow
*Wellcome Centre for Human Neuroimaging*
University College London, United Kingdom

*P* : +61 (03) 99050109 | *T* : @adeelrazi <https://twitter.com/adeelrazi>