Connectionists: Our Voice and Psychology in the Time of COVID-19

DE LA FUENTE GARCIA Sofia Sofia.Delafuente at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jul 2 12:55:16 EDT 2020

Dear CONNECTIONISTS,

Numerous research projects are underway in order to unravel some of the uncertainty around our current situation. I would like to draw your attention to the study below, with special mention to those interested in the conjunction of speech/natural language processing and psychology research. Please feel free to share away!

[cid:image001.png at 01D65099.F1492790]
Would you like to help
scientific Research?

We are a group of researchers from the University of Edinburgh (Usher Institute, Edinburgh Medical School)
working on a project related to psychology, mental health, voice technology and COVID-19.

Our project, PsyVoiD, investigates the emotional and behavioural consequences that may be derived from the pandemic and lockdown.
PsyVoiD also seeks to investigate the role of our personality traits
in this scenario, and the relationship between these elements and the subtleties in our voice.

How do you feel about your current situation?

If you do wish to help* us carry on with this exciting project,
there are two ways in which you may do so:

1)      1 minute: please feel free to share this study with everyone you know!

2)      30 minutes: to participate as a volunteer please follow this link<https://genealogies.mvm.ed.ac.uk/limesurvey/index.php?r=survey/index&sid=366116&lang=en>
(or paste this in your browser: https://bit.ly/3eCRv9k)

*  Please note that you must be over 18 years old to take part in this study.

Your contribution is immensely valuable

THANK YOU

[cidimage001.png at 01D64FDB.8E793AB0]

Sofia de la Fuente