Connectionists: Challenges and Opportunities in Multiagent RL: Virtual Seminar Series

Shayegan Omidshafiei somidshafiei at google.com
Thu Dec 17 10:33:32 EST 2020

Dear all,

We are excited to announce a new virtual seminar series on the Challenges
and Opportunities for Multiagent Reinforcement Learning (COMARL), involving
a series of invited talks leading up to the upcoming AAAI COMARL symposium
in Spring 2021 <https://sites.google.com/corp/view/comarl-aaai-2021/>.

The goal of the virtual seminar series is to present the latest research in
multiagent reinforcement learning and game theory. Over the last few years,
momentum and discussions have been rapidly building up in these
interrelated fields. Unfortunately, the current situation with COVID-19
does not allow us to easily meet face to face at conferences and related
academic gatherings. Inspired by the RL Theory Seminar
<https://sites.google.com/corp/view/rltheoryseminars/home> series, we would
also like to provide a virtual venue for peers to attend high-quality
talks, and most importantly, interact with other researchers in multiagent
RL.

As such, we will be hosting fortnightly seminars on Thursdays (generally
held around 4-5pm CEST time) from early 2021 onward. The talks will be
completely open for interested parties to attend, live streamed on YouTube
and Google Meet, with plenty of opportunity for attendees to interact and
engage with speakers! Recordings will also be made available on our
website: https://sites.google.com/view/comarl-seminars/.

We have a number of great speakers already lined up, including the
following:

   -

   Michael Bowling (January 28th, 2021)
   -

   Craig Boutilier (February 11th, 2021)
   -

   Peter Stone (February 25th, 2021)
   -

   Jakob Foerster (March 11th, 2021)
   -

   Francisco Santos (March 18th, 2021)

For additional information, please see our:

   -

   Website <https://sites.google.com/view/comarl-seminars> (includes
   schedule, instructions on how to join, etc.)
   -

   Twitter account (for speaker announcements and more!): @ComarlSeminars
   <https://twitter.com/ComarlSeminars>
   -

   Google Groups (to receive invitations): comarlseminars at googlegroups.com

We are keen to make this a recurrent series, depending on the interest and
attendance levels during this first season. We look forward to seeing you
there!

Best regards from the organizers,

Chris Amato (Northeastern University),

Marta Garnelo (DeepMind),