Connectionists: Navigation and Adaptive Behavior Benchmarks for Robots

Jeff Krichmar jkrichma at uci.edu
Mon Oct 7 17:55:07 EDT 2019

Dear Connectionists,

These days it seems to be important to test new ideas against existing benchmarks. In the area of robot navigation, I am struggling to think of benchmarks that go beyond the typical SLAM benchmarks for accuracy. I am particularly interested in situations where the robot needs to adapt its navigation strategies based on perturbations or other stimuli.

Does anyone have suggestions for benchmarks along these lines?

Thank you,

Jeff Krichmar
Department of Cognitive Sciences
2328 Social & Behavioral Sciences Gateway
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-5100
jkrichma at uci.edu
http://www.socsci.uci.edu/~jkrichma